kafka-users mailing list archives

From David Birdsong <david.birds...@gmail.com>
Subject partition reassignment stuck on 0.8
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2013 04:45:50 GMT
I was running a 2-node kafka cluster off github trunnk at:
eedbea6526986783257ad0e025c451a8ee3d9095

...for a few weeks with no issues. I recently downloaded the 0.8 stable
version, configured/started two new brokers with 0.8.

I successfully reassigned all but 1 partition from the older pair to the
newer pair, but have 1 partition seemingly stuck on an the old leader. The
replicas, ISR, and leader are all the same--no extra nodes are replicating
this last partition--this was true before any changes.

I came across this thread:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/kafka-users/201312.mbox/%3CCACnTy1DDBJsE1bxRJ1ERTrXi+zbZ3wAWyVjdEvvJPootnyOugA@mail.gmail.com%3E

..and unlike the poster, I'm free to play fast and loose, so I built off of
trunk at: dd58d753ce3ffb41776a6fa6322cb822f2222500

I first upgraded one of the desired target ISR's and after a few minutes
upgraded the existing leader and bounced it, temporarily breaking that
partition--no luck.

I'm at a loss as to how to recover this partition's data; short of the data
being recovered, how to even regain use of the partition. The data's not
critical, this was just an exercise in gaining operation familiarity w/
kafka.

I can't find any docs on how to get out of this situation.