kafka-users mailing list archives

From Maxime Nay <maxime...@gmail.com>
Subject Partition reassignment stucked
Date Sat, 07 Dec 2013 00:38:44 GMT
Hi,

We are trying to add a broker to a 10 node cluster. We have 7 different
topics, each of them is divided in 10 partitions, and their replication
factor is 3.

To send traffic to this new node, we tried the kafka-reassign-partitions.sh
tool, but for some reason, it doesnt work, and now it seems that we are
stuck in some kind of partition reassignment process.
We can't see any data on our new node, and when we try to execute the
partition reassignment tool for another topic it says :

Partitions reassignment failed due to Partition reassignment currently in
progress for Map([AD_EVENTS,5] ->
ReassignedPartitionsContext(List(2),null), [AD_EVENTS,3] ->
ReassignedPartitionsContext(List(1),null), [AD_EVENTS,4] ->
ReassignedPartitionsContext(List(3),null)). Aborting operation
kafka.common.AdminCommandFailedException: Partition reassignment currently
in progress for Map([AD_EVENTS,5] ->
ReassignedPartitionsContext(List(2),null), [AD_EVENTS,3] ->
ReassignedPartitionsContext(List(1),null), [AD_EVENTS,4] ->
ReassignedPartitionsContext(List(3),null)). Aborting operation
    at
kafka.admin.ReassignPartitionsCommand.reassignPartitions(ReassignPartitionsCommand.scala:201)
    at
kafka.admin.ReassignPartitionsCommand$.main(ReassignPartitionsCommand.scala:140)
    at
kafka.admin.ReassignPartitionsCommand.main(ReassignPartitionsCommand.scala)

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks
Maxime