kafka-users mailing list archives

From Maxime Nay <maxime...@gmail.com>
Subject Add a new node in an existing kafka 0.8 cluster
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 21:50:37 GMT
Hi,

Last week we set-up a new kafka 0.8 cluster, using the beta1 released
available here : http://kafka.apache.org/downloads.html

It worked fine until we tried to replace a node in this cluster.
We shutdown a node, then bring up a new one. The new node is registered in
zookeeper, but it doesn't get any data. (We have 10 nodes, 10 partitions
for each topic, and a replication factor of 3.)

We saw that there are some tools available to balance the load, and add
some broker to an existing cluster (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Replication+tools#Replicationtools-ClusterExpansion).
But it seems they are not yet included in the Kafka version that we
download from kafka.apache.org.

Is there any branch where we can get a more current - production safe
version where we can find the latest tools? Is it safe to get code from
trunk and deploy it in production?

Thanks
Maxime