kafka-users mailing list archives

From S Ahmed <sahmed1...@gmail.com>
Subject redis versus zookeeper to track consumer offsets
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 18:57:24 GMT
I am leaning towards using redis to track consumer offsets etc., but I see
how using zookeeper makes sense since it already part of the kafka infra.

One thing which bothers me is, how are you guys keeping track of the load
on zookeeper?  How do you get an idea when your zookeeper cluster is
underprovisioned?

Redis is a richer store and could help in other areas where you want to
store more than just status information or offsets, and setup and
administration wise it seems a bit easier to manage.

Thoughts?