kafka-users mailing list archives

From Amir Gershman <amir.gersh...@gmail.com>
Subject Running on Windows in production
Date Thu, 26 Dec 2013 10:10:01 GMT
Hi,

I am looking into using Kafka for production to store notifications sent by
one of our services. The service clients will then be able to either replay
lost notifications while they were down or simply consume the notifications
directly from Kafka (and not from the service) at their own pace (for
example at low system load times).
Our software is deployed at each customer's local datacenter, so the
operations and maintenance are done by our clients. Our clients typically
operate windows servers, so we wish to deploy Kafka on windows.
I imagine something like JMS persistent replay is a common use scenario.
Does someone have some useful suggestions on this matter, or things to
watch out in running Kafka on windows.

Thanks,
Amir.