kafka-users mailing list archives

From Tom Brown <tombrow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Consuming "backwards"?
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 14:38:14 GMT
Do you mean you want to start from the most recent data and go backwards to
the oldest data, or that you want to start with old data and consume
forwards?

If the former, it would be difficult or impossible in 0.7.x, but I think
doable in 0.8.x. (They added some sort of message index). If the latter,
that is easily accomplished in both versions.

--Tom