kafka-users mailing list archives

From Guozhang Wang <wangg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ClientUtils.fetchTopicMetadata reports smaller ISR than ZkUtils.getLeaderIsrAndEpochForPartition
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 00:40:05 GMT
Hello Ryan,

ClientUtils.fetchTopicMetadata reads the topic metadata from the brokers,
which cache the metadata stored in from ZK (as the ground truth). And
ZkUtils.getLeaderIsrAndEpochForPartition directly read from ZK.

The cached data in brokers is not guaranteed to be strictly synchronized
with the data in ZK as it is only propagated by controller asynchronously.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang