kafka-users mailing list archives

From Neha Narkhede <neha.narkh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it OK to reduce the value log.retention.hours
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 13:27:52 GMT
The log cleaner only runs every log.cleanup.interval.mins and the minimum
value is 1 minute. So, if you are completely out of space, this won't work.
You can bring down the server, delete some old segments and restart the
server. However, if the server is not out of space yet, you can reduce
log.retention.hours, restart the broker and that should work.

Thanks,
Neha