kafka-users mailing list archives

From Neha Narkhede <neha.narkh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add a new node in an existing kafka 0.8 cluster
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 21:53:27 GMT
You can keep the broker.id of the new node same as the old node. Then it
will start up and copy everything from the leader for the partitions it is
assigned to. After it is caught up, you can run the
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Replication+tools#Replicationtools-2.PreferredReplicaLeaderElectionTooltool
to balance the leaders, so that the new node will have a few leaders
and will start serving data.

Thanks,
Neha