kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Yu, Libo " <libo...@citi.com>
Subject RE: set new retention size on the fly
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 18:20:43 GMT
Great. Thanks, Jun.

Regards,

Libo

-----Original Message-----
From: Jun Rao [mailto:junrao@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2013 12:46 PM
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Re: set new retention size on the fly

In 0.8.1, per topic config will only be persisted in ZK, not in the local server property
file.

To change a topic config, you would do
  kafka-topics.sh --alter --config

To change # partitons in a topic, you would do
  kafka-topics.sh --alter --partitions

Our tentative future release schedule is documented in https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Future+release+plan

Thanks,

Jun