kafka-users mailing list archives

From Alex Gray <Alex.G...@inin.com>
Subject custom kafka reporters without JMX
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2014 15:51:12 GMT
Hi,

I want to start collecting metrics from our Kafka brokers, and
everywhere I see people (including the heavy hitters at LinkedIn) using
JMX to gather everything.

 From what I understand, you can also collect metrics from Kafka
*without* enabling JMX and this is done by writing your own custom
reporter and starting up Kafka with your custom reporter in the class
path and simply:
kafka.metrics.reporters=kafka.metrics.MySpecialReporter

Unfortunately I have not found too much documentation or examples on how
to do this.

Thanks!