kafka-users mailing list archives

From Arjun <ar...@socialtwist.com>
Subject kafka consumer not consuming messages
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 06:27:11 GMT
Hi,

I started using kafka some time back. I was experimenting with 0.8. My
problem is the kafka is unable to consume the messages. My configuration
is kafka broker on the local host and zookeeper on the local host. I
have only one broker and one consumer at present.

What have I done:
      1) I used the java examples in the kafka src and pushed some 600
messages to the broker
      2) I used the console consumer to check weather the messages are
there in the broker or not. Console consumer printed all 600 messages
      3) Now i used the java Consumer code, and tried to get those
messages. This is not printing any messages. It just got stuck

When was it working earlier:
      -When i tried with three brokers and three consumers in the same
machine, with the same configuration it worked fine.
      -I changed the properties accordingly when i tried to make it work
with one broker and one consumer

What does log say:
      - attaching the logs even

If some one points me where I am doing wrong it would be helpful.

Thanks
Arjun Narasimha Kota