kafka-users mailing list archives

From Arjun <ar...@socialtwist.com>
Subject Re: kafka consumer not consuming messages
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2014 05:25:07 GMT
Hi Rahul,

It dosent seem to be a problem with disk. I tried now to run the kafka
from different data dir. i have enabled the debug while logging. It
seems like all my fetch requests are kept in request Request Purgatory
and they are getting expired for some reason. i tries to incerease the
fetch size and time but have no luck.
Attached are the logs. This is happening now even with 3 brokers.

Thanks
Arjun Narasimha Kota

On Monday 10 February 2014 07:00 PM, Jain Rahul wrote:
> It may be possible that /tmp is running out of disk space as you seems to writing data
there in /tmp/kafka-logs

/127.0.0.1. (kafka.network.Processor)" in my log continuously. I searched the web and found
this code in an exception block "
> https://apache.googlesource.com/kafka/+/40a80fa7b7ae3d49e32c40fbaad1a4e402b2ac71/core/src/main/scala/kafka/network/SocketServer.scala".
> Does this have anything to do with the problem?
>
> Why will this come up, i tried to look at the code but i am lost in it.
> Can some one please point me in a direction where i can find the answer.
>
> Thanks
> Arjun Narasimha Kota
>
> On Monday 10 February 2014 11:57 AM, Arjun wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I started using kafka some time back. I was experimenting with 0.8. My
>> problem is the kafka is unable to consume the messages. My
>> configuration is kafka broker on the local host and zookeeper on the
>> local host. I have only one broker and one consumer at present.
>>
>> What have I done:
>>       1) I used the java examples in the kafka src and pushed some 600
>> messages to the broker
>>       2) I used the console consumer to check weather the messages are
>> there in the broker or not. Console consumer printed all 600 messages
>>       3) Now i used the java Consumer code, and tried to get those
>> messages. This is not printing any messages. It just got stuck
>>
>> When was it working earlier:
>>       -When i tried with three brokers and three consumers in the same
>> machine, with the same configuration it worked fine.
>>       -I changed the properties accordingly when i tried to make it
>> work with one broker and one consumer
>>
>> What does log say:
>>       - attaching the logs even
>>
>> If some one points me where I am doing wrong it would be helpful.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Arjun Narasimha Kota
>>
> This email and any attachments are confidential, and may be legally privileged and protected
by copyright. If you are not the intended recipient dissemination or copying of this email
is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender by replying by
email and then delete the email completely from your system. Any views or opinions are solely
those of the sender. This communication is not intended to form a binding contract unless
expressly indicated to the contrary and properly authorised. Any actions taken on the basis
of this email are at the recipient's own risk.