kafka-users mailing list archives

From Arjun <ar...@socialtwist.com>
Subject Re: Delay in fetching messages - High level consumer -Kafka 0.8
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 18:49:44 GMT
Hi,

As i have mentioned in the first message, I have checked the log and
offset using the Consumer off set checker tool. The Consumer offset just
stalls.
And there is a lag. I haven't specified any fetch size in the consumer
so i guess there is a default size of 1MB. All my messages are less than
that. My Consumer code is not dead because i am continuously monitoring.
I have  a doubt, the set up has 12 partitions and there are only 3
consumers. Will that affect fetching time by anyway.  I will try to
reduce the number of partitions and check once again.

Thanks for the inputs

thanks
Arjun Narasimha Kota