kafka-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Arjun Kota <ar...@socialtwist.com>
Subject Re: kafka consumer not consuming messages
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2014 16:45:35 GMT
fetch.wait.max.ms=10000
fetch.min.bytes=128

My message size is much more than that.
On Feb 11, 2014 9:21 PM, "Jun Rao" <junrao@gmail.com> wrote:

> What's the fetch.wait.max.ms and fetch.min.bytes you used?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jun
>
>
> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 12:54 AM, Arjun <arjun@socialtwist.com> wrote:
>
> > With the same group id from the console consumer its working fine.
> >
> >
> > On Tuesday 11 February 2014 01:59 PM, Guozhang Wang wrote:
> >
> >> Arjun,
> >>
> >> Are you using the same group name for the console consumer and the java
> >> consumer?
> >>
> >> Guozhang
> >>
> >>
> >> On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 11:38 PM, Arjun <arjun@socialtwist.com> wrote:
> >>
> >>  Hi Jun,
> >>>
> >>> No its not that problem. I am not getting what the problem is can you
> >>> please help.
> >>>
> >>> thanks
> >>> Arjun Narasimha Kota
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> On Monday 10 February 2014 09:10 PM, Jun Rao wrote:
> >>>
> >>>  Does
> >>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/FAQ#FAQ-
> >>>> Whydoesmyconsumernevergetanydata?
> >>>> apply?
> >>>>
> >>>> Thanks,
> >>>>
> >>>> Jun
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 10:27 PM, Arjun <arjun@socialtwist.com>
wrote:
> >>>>
> >>>>   Hi,
> >>>>
> >>>>> I started using kafka some time back. I was experimenting with 0.8.
> My
> >>>>> problem is the kafka is unable to consume the messages. My
> >>>>> configuration
> >>>>> is kafka broker on the local host and zookeeper on the local host.
I
> >>>>> have only one broker and one consumer at present.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> What have I done:
> >>>>>        1) I used the java examples in the kafka src and pushed some
> 600
> >>>>> messages to the broker
> >>>>>        2) I used the console consumer to check weather the messages
> are
> >>>>> there in the broker or not. Console consumer printed all 600 messages
> >>>>>        3) Now i used the java Consumer code, and tried to get those
> >>>>> messages. This is not printing any messages. It just got stuck
> >>>>>
> >>>>> When was it working earlier:
> >>>>>        -When i tried with three brokers and three consumers in the
> same
> >>>>> machine, with the same configuration it worked fine.
> >>>>>        -I changed the properties accordingly when i tried to make
it
> >>>>> work
> >>>>> with one broker and one consumer
> >>>>>
> >>>>> What does log say:
> >>>>>        - attaching the logs even
> >>>>>
> >>>>> If some one points me where I am doing wrong it would be helpful.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Thanks
> >>>>> Arjun Narasimha Kota
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>
> >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message