kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Bae, Jae Hyeon" <metac...@gmail.com>
Subject ERROR encountered while changing partition's state from New to Online
Date Sun, 16 Feb 2014 11:10:10 GMT
Hi

I am getting the following errors

state-change.log:[2014-02-16 10:23:20,708] ERROR Controller 0 epoch 2
encountered error while changing partition [request_trace,18]'s state from
New to Online since LeaderAndIsr path already exists with value
{"leader":0,"leader_epoch":0,"isr":[0,1]} and controller epoch 2
(state.change.logger)
state-change.log:[2014-02-16 10:23:20,708] ERROR Controller 0 epoch 2
initiated state change for partition [request_trace,18] from NewPartition
to OnlinePartition failed (state.change.logger)

In the first try, I pre-created the topic, started sending the traffic but
I didn't see any metric report information. So, I started to doubt
something went wrong in the broker.

I tried with automatic topic creation but the same error happened. I guess
this might be a timing problem because another topic with small traffic
didn't have any problem.

If this is already know issue, I will fetch from trunk and deploy and test
again. Otherwise, could you let me know how to avoid this error?

Thank you
Best, Jae