kafka-users mailing list archives

From Neha Narkhede <neha.narkh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How are rebalance failures raised to consumers?
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 12:21:06 GMT
What Jun described is correct, currently the consumer asynchronously fails
rebalance. But you can monitor the consumer to detect when a rebalance
operation fails since that will manifest as lag on the consumer. Please see
this<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/FAQ#FAQ-Myconsumerseemstohavestopped,why?>to
learn about consumer lag monitoring.

Thanks,
Neha