kafka-users mailing list archives

From Neha Narkhede <neha.narkh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Consumer API discussion
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2014 23:38:51 GMT
I'm not quite sure if I fully understood your question. The consumer API
exposes a close() method that will shutdown the consumer's connections to
all brokers and frees up resources that the consumer uses.

I've updated the javadoc for the new consumer API to include a few examples
of different ways of using the consumer. Probably you might find it useful
-
http://people.apache.org/~nehanarkhede/kafka-0.9-consumer-javadoc/doc/kafka/clients/consumer/KafkaConsumer.html

Thanks,
Neha