kafka-users mailing list archives

From Neha Narkhede <neha.narkh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: consumer reaction to auto-create topics
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 17:56:11 GMT
I've seen this behavior when the broker was not functional. Basically what
you see is that the console producer appears to have sent some messages.
These messages may not have reached the server. Due to the bad state of the
server, the consumer cannot get these messages and also runs into issues
while rebalancing and issuing fetch requests for the topic.

Could you try to run this from scratch (following the quickstart). Ensure
that the broker and zookeeper have been started successfully.

Thanks,
Neha