kafka-users mailing list archives

From Churu Tang <ct...@rubiconproject.com>
Subject Failed in automatically creating topic
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2014 00:40:29 GMT
Hi,

According to the auto.create.topics.enable description, 1). attempts to produce, 2), consume,
3), fetch metadata for a non-existent topic will automatically create the topic with default
config. I set the auto.create.topics.enable to true, and only 3) fetch metadata will creates
the topic.

ProduceRequest, OffsetRequest for a non-existent topic of partition 0 will result in a errorCode:3:unknown
topic or partition response. If no produceMessageSet included for produceRequest, or on offsetPartition
included for offsetRequest, then the non-existent topic request will result a no-error response,
but the non-existent topic is still not created.

Are the above what it supposed to do? Or Could I misconfigured anything? Thanks for your time!

Thanks,
Churu