kafka-users mailing list archives

From Ian Friedman <...@flurry.com>
Subject console producer question
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2014 23:13:16 GMT
Hey guys. We recently migrated our production cluster from 0.7.2 to 0.8.1. One of the tools
in the 0.7 distribution was something called Producer Shell, which we used in some cron jobs
to do some manual addition of messages (for messages that got dropped for various reasons).
So in 0.8 that is gone, and I have tried replacing it with the console Producer. It seems
like the console producer only produces to a single partition whereas the producer shell used
to randomly distribute the messages. Is this behavior configurable? AM I missing something
obvious?

Thanks in advance
--Ian