kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Sudarshan Kadambi (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEXIN)" <skada...@bloomberg.net>
Subject RE: Single thread, Multiple partitions
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2014 19:00:08 GMT
Ah, thanks, figured it out now.

What kind of bottlenecks should I expect to run into if I'm looking at 10s of 1000s of partitions
for a topic? The amount of data passing through each partition or in aggregate is somewhat
small (few 100 GB per day across all partitions). The high partition count is because it simplifies
application semantics.

----- Original Message -----
From: Balaji.Seshadri@dish.com
To: Sudarshan Kadambi (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEXIN), users@kafka.apache.org
At: Apr  8 2014 14:08:41

I think you are looking for accessing messages from set of partitions by your own policy.You
should use simple consumers in 0.8 and maintain the offsets you have read.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/0.8.0+SimpleConsumer+Example

If it is 0.9 I'm yet to come upto speed.

Thanks,

Balaji