kafka-users mailing list archives

From Arjun <ar...@socialtwist.com>
Subject consumer not consuming messages
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 14:39:19 GMT
Hi,

We have 3 node kafka 0.8 setup with zookeepers ensemble. We use high
level consumer with auto commit offset false. I am facing some peculiar
problem with kafka. When i send some 10-20 messages or so the consumer
starts to consume the messages. But if  i send only one message to
kafka, then even though consumer is active it is not trying to fetch the
message. There is nothing in logs, just the messages are being fetched
by the kafka consumer. The messages are there in the Kafka server. Can
some one let me know where i am doing wrong.

Thanks
Arjun Narasimha Kota