kafka-users mailing list archives

From Kashyap Mhaisekar <kashya...@gmail.com>
Subject Log Retention in Kafka
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2014 19:34:24 GMT
Hi,
I wanted to set the message expiry for a message on a kafka topic. Is there
anything like this in kafka?
I came across a property - *log.retention.hours* and
*topic.log.retention.hours*
Had some queries around it.And it was mentioned that
topic.log.retention.hours is per topic configuration.
Had some queries around it -
1. Does it mean that I need to specific the <topicname>.log.retention.hours
in the kafka config?
2. Can this property be overriden anywhere?
3. Is it possible for the producer to set a message expiry so that the
message expires after a configurable period of time?

Regards,
Kashyap