kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jun Rao <jun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: kafka availability
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 14:48:06 GMT
That part is fine. Only one of the brokers will become the controller. If
the controller already exists and another broker tries to become the
controller, it will see the conflict. Do you see broker 0 registered under
/brokers/id path in ZK? If so, you need to figure out why broker 0 is not
part of the isr. Any error in the controller/state-change log? Could you
check the maxLag and minFetch bean ReplicaManager in broker 0 (
http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#monitoring)?

Thanks,

Jun