kafka-users mailing list archives

From Michael Campbell <michael.campb...@gmail.com>
Subject Spring integration?
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 14:26:20 GMT
Hello,

My company is looking at Kafka for a backbone to microservices, and we were
wondering if anyone had actually done anything with it and Spring
Integration (which we are looking at also for additional things).

The reason I ask is the one place I can find any code seems about a half
year out of date, is targeting both an old version of Kafka (0.8-beta) and
an older version of Scala, and the example seems ... odd to me (he has a
poller in the outbound adapter, which I don't understand at all).

Is anyone actually using this combination?

Or, is there a better way to integrate with Kafka if I want to put a layer
between my business code and the Kafka API?    (Camel, perhaps?)