kafka-users mailing list archives

From Janos Mucza <Janos_Mu...@epam.com>
Subject Kafka 0.8.1 protocol description, metadata response issues
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 08:29:33 GMT
Dear Kafka Users,

Could you please point me to the protocol description of Kafka 0.8.1? Particularly I would
be interested in learning about any metadata request/response changes since 0.8.0.

When requesting the metadata for a topic with 2 partitions that got deleted and recreated
with 3 partitions, the metadata response contains 5 partitions, the last 2 with leader=-1.
This happens with http://jroland.github.io/kafka-net/ client though kafka-topics.sh shows
the correct number of partitions. I think the client I'm using might not follow 0.8.1 protocol
changes.

Best regards,
Janos