kafka-users mailing list archives

From Maung Than <maung_t...@apple.com>
Subject Producer throughput question
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 19:07:43 GMT
Hi All,

What is the good way to measure the producer throughput?

We are currently accumulating time take by each individual send in the producer and then dividing
it with the total volume to calculate the producer throughput. We seems to be getting 20%
more throughput than our network can support that is 1000 mbps.

We also find compression (such as GZip) does not add more time to the send. Is the compression
done in the send thread or in a separate thread for async mode?

async with batch size 1000
No of Partitions = 5
Replication factor = 3
No of brokers = 5;