kafka-users mailing list archives

From Рябков Алексей Николаевич <a.ryab...@ntc-vulkan.ru>
Subject HA: multi-broker topic rebalance
Date Tue, 27 May 2014 03:45:25 GMT
Hello!
>>Which version of Kafka are you using?
 1. I am using 0.8.1
>>How many partitions do you have in that topic?
2. In docs I found that number of partition must be equal or greater than number of consumers
... so I try 2 case:
    - 10k partition per broker
    - 20k partition per broker

And one more question - how to  force rebalance partitions to consumers in borker (and how
much it cost...)
I found in doc that consumer can "Force itself to rebalance within in its consumer group"
but can not find API call...So for now I just reconnect....

With best regards, Aleksey Ryabkov