kafka-users mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Adding partitions...
Date Fri, 23 May 2014 10:44:04 GMT
Hi,

we are trying to figure out how to layout our topics and partitions. And
one thing I can't find in the documentation is;

What happens to data that is sitting in the 'old partitions' when I add a
new one?

My gut feeling says that everything remains in the partitions as they are,
and if we need to have partitions associated with keys, we have to
implement this re-shuffling ourselves, i.e. read all the messages out and
put them back in.

Is it so? And is there any hooks to assist in this?

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer
河南南路555弄15号1901室。