kafka-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Williams <rwilli...@gmail.com>
Subject Get a list of consumer groups (for ConsumerOffsetChecker)
Date Fri, 30 May 2014 02:22:15 GMT
I'm doing some initial exploration of kafka and the system tools.  With the
console producer and consumers running, I'd like to run the
ConsumerOffsetChecker, but it requires a group parameter. I don't know what
to put there.  Is there a tool I can run to get a list of consumer groups?
I see a hint in the quantifind KafkaOffsetMonitor tool [1] that this
shouldn't be too difficult.  But, is there something in the provided
kafka/zk tools?

[1]
https://github.com/quantifind/KafkaOffsetMonitor/blob/d9c2a64d233043dcdc65d4d4974a044f6649615b/src/main/scala/com/quantifind/kafka/OffsetGetter.scala#L130

Thanks