kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Bogdan Dimitriu (bdimitri)" <bdimi...@cisco.com>
Subject Getting the KafkaStream ID
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2014 09:13:38 GMT
Hello folks,

I’m using Kafka 0.8.0 with the high level consumer and I have a situation where I need to
obtain the ID for each of the KafkaStreams that I create.
The KafkaStream class has a method called “clientId()” that I expected would give me just
that, but unfortunately it returns the name of the consumer group.
So to make it clear, what I want to obtain is the string that looks like this: myconsumergroup_myhost-1402045464004-2dc0cbf2-0.
Is there any way I could get that value for each of the streams? I’ve looked around the
source code but I can’t see any way to do this.

Many thanks,
Bogdan