kafka-users mailing list archives

From Harsha <ka...@harsha.io>
Subject Re: trying to tune kafka's internal logging - need help...
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2014 17:02:43 GMT
Hi Sholmi,
          kafka-run-class.sh uses config/tools-log4.properties. The
          config it has writes to console

If you want to save the log output from kafka-run-class change the above
appender to use DailyRollingFileAppender. for ex
log4j.appender.kafkaAppender=org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.kafkaAppender.DatePattern='.'yyyy-MM-dd-HH
log4j.appender.kafkaAppender.File=${kafka.logs.dir}/kafka-tools.log

and export LOG_DIR as you did before.
-Harsha