kafka-users mailing list archives

From Joel Koshy <jjkosh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kafka 0.8 automatically changing leadership
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2014 22:53:55 GMT
>  Leadership moves automatically for at least a few of the topics, which
> never happens when we run them on our prod, non-AWS hardware.  This causes

Under normal operation (i.e., without broker failures) leadership
should not move. Leader changes occur when brokers fail - due to GC,
controlled shutdowns/bounces, or network partitioning.

Do you see any "Broker failure callback" message on the controller
log? Can you also check your broker logs to see if you see any
zookeeper session expirations?

Joel