kafka-users mailing list archives

From <pradeep.si...@wipro.com>
Subject Socket is not connected error while consuming messages using kafka
Date Sat, 02 Aug 2014 10:20:47 GMT
Hi Team,

I am trying to consume a message from Kafka hosted on Ubuntu server, using this example: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Consumer+Group+Example
but whenever I run I get this exception:

java.net.SocketException: Socket is not connected
                at sun.nio.ch.Net.translateToSocketException(Net.java:149) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
                at sun.nio.ch.Net.translateException(Net.java:183) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
                at sun.nio.ch.Net.translateException(Net.java:189) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
                at sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.shutdownInput(SocketAdaptor.java:423) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
                at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.cleanup(ClientCnxn.java:1232)
[zookeeper-3.3.4.jar:3.3.3-1203054]
                at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1211) [zookeeper-3.3.4.jar:3.3.3-1203054]
Caused by: java.nio.channels.NotYetConnectedException: null
                at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.shutdownInput(SocketChannelImpl.java:773)
~[na:1.7.0_25]
                at sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.shutdownInput(SocketAdaptor.java:421) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
                ... 2 common frames omitted

I am trying to solve this issue from hours, I looked in config file, properties file etc but
still couldn't. If someone could help me in this it would be highly appreciated as I am very
beginner to this and have no previous experience in working in this.

Thanks,
Pradeep Simha
Technical Lead

of this message and any attachments.