kafka-users mailing list archives

From Chen Wang <chen.apache.s...@gmail.com>
Subject error recovery in multiple thread reading from Kafka with HighLevel api
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2014 23:41:08 GMT
Folks,
 I have a process started at specific time and read from a specific topic.
I am currently using the High Level API(consumer group) to read from
kafka(and will stop once there is nothing in the topic by specifying a
timeout). i am most concerned about error recovery in multiple thread
context. If one thread dies, will other running bolt threads picks up the
failed message? Or I have to start another thread in order to pick up the
failed message? What would be  a good practice to ensure the message can be
processed at least once?

Note that all threads are using the same group id.

Thanks,
Chen