kafka-users mailing list archives

From Weide Zhang <weo...@gmail.com>
Subject find topic partition count through simpleclient api
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2014 15:46:55 GMT
Hi,

What's the way to find a topic's partition count dynamically using
simpleconsumer api ?

If I use one seed broker within a cluster of 10 brokers, and add list of
topic name into the simple consumer request to find topics' metadata, when
it returns,
is the size of partitionsMetadata per topicmetadata same as the number of
partitions for a given topic ? Also, for retrieval, do I need to have more
than 1 seed broker to get all metadata info of a topic? Is only 1 seed
broker enough ?

Thanks,

Weide