kafka-users mailing list archives

From Kashyap Paidimarri <kashy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Delete message after consuming it
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2014 13:37:39 GMT
Kafka is a log and not a queue. The client is remembering a position in the
log rather than working with individual messages.

--
“ The difference between ramen and varelse is not in the creature judged,
but in the creature judging. When we declare an alien species to be ramen,

    —Demosthenes, *Letter to the Framlings*
”