kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Seshadri, Balaji" <Balaji.Sesha...@dish.com>
Subject RE: Kafka Consumer not consuming in webMethods.
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2014 18:18:37 GMT
The offset checker does show lot of lag.

rain-raw-consumers1 rain-raw-listner               47  6301            38482           32181
          rain-raw-consumers1_dm1mad06.echostar.com-1407776221959-74777cd2-3

From: Seshadri, Balaji
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2014 12:11 PM
To: 'jun.rao@gmail.com'; 'neha.narkhede@gmail.com'; 'users@kafka.apache.org'
Subject: Kafka Consumer not consuming in webMethods.

Hi Jun/Neha/Team,

We are trying to consume from Kafka using webMethods as our consumer. When we start  the consumer,
fetcher and leader threads  went into WAITING state and not consuming anything, when I run
the same consumer in my eclipse it works fine.

We are running Kafka-0.8-beta now. I suspect it could be either bug KAFKA-618 or KAFKA-914.

Please find thread dumps attached for your review and let us know how can we fix it.

Thanks,

Balaji