kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Seshadri, Balaji" <Balaji.Sesha...@dish.com>
Subject RE: Kafka Consumer not consuming in webMethods.
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2014 15:48:18 GMT
We will work on upgrade.

Thanks,

Balaji

From: Jun Rao [mailto:junrao@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2014 10:30 PM
To: Seshadri, Balaji
Cc: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Re: Kafka Consumer not consuming in webMethods.

0.8-beta is really old. Could you try using 0.8.1.1?

Thanks,

Jun

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Seshadri, Balaji <Balaji.Seshadri@dish.com<mailto:Balaji.Seshadri@dish.com>>
wrote:
Hi Jun/Neha/Team,

We are trying to consume from Kafka using webMethods as our consumer. When we start  the consumer,
fetcher and leader threads  went into WAITING state and not consuming anything, when I run
the same consumer in my eclipse it works fine.

We are running Kafka-0.8-beta now. I suspect it could be either bug KAFKA-618 or KAFKA-914.

Please find thread dumps attached for your review and let us know how can we fix it.

Thanks,

Balaji