kafka-users mailing list archives

From Joe Stein <joe.st...@stealth.ly>
Subject Re: Dynamic partitioning
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2014 15:54:46 GMT
That command will change how many partitions the topic has.

What you are looking for I think is
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Replication+tools#Replicationtools-6.ReassignPartitionsTool
which allows you to change what partitions are running on which replicas
and which replicas are the preferred leader... some more documentation on
that https://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#basic_ops_cluster_expansion
(that entire section https://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#basic_ops
has the type of information are you are looking for I think)

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC
 http://www.stealth.ly