kafka-users mailing list archives

From Erik van oosten <e.vanoos...@grons.nl.INVALID>
Subject How to produce and consume events in 2 DCs?
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2014 14:07:43 GMT
Hi,

We have 2 data centers that produce events. Each DC has to process events from both DCs.

I had the following in mind:

                   DC 1 | DC 2
        events          |            events
       +  +  +          |           +  +  +
       |  |  |          |           |  |  |
       v  v  v          |           v  v  v
 +----------------+     |     +----------------+
 | Receiver topic |     |     | Receiver topic |
 +----------------+           +----------------+
         |  |       mirroring      |    |
         |  |   +------------------+    |
         |  |   |                       |
         |  +--------------------+      |
         v      v                v      v
 +----------------+     |     +----------------+
 | Consumer topic |     |     | Consumer topic |
 +----------------+     |     +----------------+
       +  +  +          |           +  +  +
       |  |  |          |           |  |  |
       v  v  v          |           v  v  v
      consumers         |          consumers

As each DC has a single Kafka cluster, on each DC the receiver topic and consumer topic needs
to be on the same cluster.
Unfortunately, mirror maker does not seem to support mirroring to a topic with another name.

Is there another tool we could use?
Or, is there another approach for producing and consuming from 2 DCs?

Kind regards,
    Erik.

—
Erik van Oosten