kafka-users mailing list archives

From István <lecc...@gmail.com>
Subject Using MirrorMaker to move some data between clusters
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2014 23:33:29 GMT
Hi all,

I have just a quick question. I was wondering if MirrorMaker is the right
solution for this task, basically I need to move a subset of the data from
a production cluster to a test cluster. My original idea was to set
the  log.retention.minutes
to a low value like 12 hours so I could keep only a subset of the data we
have in prod. Is this a viable approach or there is something better?

Let me know if anybody did something like that and would not mind sharing
her/his experience.

Thank you in advance,

I.
--