kafka-users mailing list archives

From Chen Wang <chen.apache.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Broker keeps rebalancing
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2014 23:53:36 GMT
Hi there,
My kafka client is reading a 3 partition topic from kafka with 3 threads
distributed on different machines. I am seeing frequent owner changes on
the topics when running:
bin/kafka-run-class.sh kafka.tools.ConsumerOffsetChecker --group
my_test_group --topic mytopic -zkconnect localhost:2181

The owner kept changing once a while, but I didn't see any exceptions
thrown from the consumer side. When checking broker log, its full of
 INFO Closing socket connection to /IP. (kafka.network.Processor)

Is this expected behavior? If so,  how can I tell when  the leader is
imbalanced, and rebalance is triggered?
Thanks,
Chen