kafka-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Compton <d...@danielcompton.net>
Subject Re: Elastsic Scaling
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2014 04:57:58 GMT
While it’s good to plan ahead for growth, Kafka will still let you add more partitions to
a topic https://kafka.apache.org/081/ops.html#basic_ops_modify_topic. This will rebalance
the hashing if you are partitioning by your key, and consumers will probably end up with different
partitions, but don’t feel like you have to make the perfect config right at the start.

Daniel.