kafka-users mailing list archives

From Gwen Shapira <gshap...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Producer can writes to a follower during preferred lead election?
Date Sun, 07 Dec 2014 13:44:22 GMT
If you write to a non-leader partition, I'd expect you'd get
NotLeaderForPartitionException (thrown by
Partition.appendMessagesToLeader).
This will get sent to the producer as error code 6.

I don't see anything special in the producer side to handle this
specific (although I'd expect a forced metadata refresh and then a
re-send).

Gwen