kafka-users mailing list archives

From Haojin Gui <guihao...@gmail.com>
Subject How to create a reliable and fast Kafka Producer in a web server?
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 00:03:47 GMT
Hi,

I am using Playframework to build a web server that needs to handle very
heavy traffic. And it has a Kafka Producer sending messages to Kafka
brokers.

Currently I am using the synchronized Kafka producer API and seems like
it's affecting the performance of the web server. I am considering
switching to async Producer API but not sure how reliable it is(I heard it
might loss message). Are there any other options to minimize the Producer's
affect to the server.

Thanks,
Haojin