kafka-users mailing list archives

From Xiaoyu Wang <xw...@rocketfuel.com>
Subject Producer can writes to a follower during preferred lead election?
Date Sun, 07 Dec 2014 02:46:57 GMT
Hello,

I am looking at producer code and found that producer updates its
broker/partition info under the two conditions

   1. has reached the topicMetadataRefreshInterval
   2. failed sending message, before retry

So, assume we have broker A and B, B is the current lead and A is the
preferred lead and a producer is publishing to B. If someone execute
preferred lead election command now, A will become the new lead and the
producer won't know the lead is now A and will still writes to B until the
metadata refresh interval has been reached. Is this correct? Or did I did
miss anything.

Thanks.