kafka-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Jorgensen <ajorgen...@twitter.com.INVALID>
Subject Topic config reset on alter
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2014 20:46:40 GMT
I am using kafka 8.1.1

If you run an alter on a topic to increase the number of partitions the existing configs are
removed from the topic. You can confirm this by doing:

bin/kafka-topics.sh —zookeeper localhost —alter —topic topic —config retention.ms=3600000

bin/kafka-topics.sh —zookeeper localhost —describe
> Topic:topic  PartitionCount:5       ReplicationFactor:1     Configs:retention.ms=3600000

bin/kafka-topics.sh —zookeeper localhost —alter —topic topic —partitions 10

bin/kafka-topics.sh —zookeeper localhost —describe
> Topic:topic  PartitionCount:10       ReplicationFactor:1     Configs:

This feels like a bug to me, where is the best place to report something like this?
--
Andrew Jorgensen
@ajorgensen