kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jayesh Thakrar <j_thak...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Zookeeper Connection When Using High Level Sample Consumer Code from Wiki
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 17:09:29 GMT
When I try running the Java Consumer example at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Consumer+Group+ExampleI
get the following zookeeper connection error.
I have verified zookeeper connectivity using a  variety fo means (using Zookeeper built-in
client, sending 4-letter commands to the zk port, etc.) - so I know the zookeeper info is
correct.
Here's the error I get. Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.
 Exception in thread "main" org.I0Itec.zkclient.exception.ZkTimeoutException: Unable to connect
to zookeeper server within timeout: 400 at org.I0Itec.zkclient.ZkClient.connect(ZkClient.java:880)
at org.I0Itec.zkclient.ZkClient.<init>(ZkClient.java:98) at org.I0Itec.zkclient.ZkClient.<init>(ZkClient.java:84)
at kafka.consumer.ZookeeperConsumerConnector.connectZk(ZookeeperConsumerConnector.scala:170)
at kafka.consumer.ZookeeperConsumerConnector.<init>(ZookeeperConsumerConnector.scala:126)
at kafka.javaapi.consumer.ZookeeperConsumerConnector.<init>(ZookeeperConsumerConnector.scala:66)
at kafka.javaapi.consumer.ZookeeperConsumerConnector.<init>(ZookeeperConsumerConnector.scala:69)
at kafka.consumer.Consumer$.createJavaConsumerConnector(ConsumerConnector.scala:100) at kafka.consumer.Consumer.createJavaConsumerConnector(ConsumerConnector.scala)
at kafka_sample.Consumer.<init>(Consumer.java:21) at kafka_sample.Consumer.main(Consumer.java:71)